Outsourcing customer support service is sometimes more efficient than hiring and training a new employees.
When someone told outsourcing of customer support service, the image of those huge calls centers often comes to mind from a scene in the movie Outsourced.
Customer Support service is one of the most important parts of any organization. If an organization is not able to keep its customers happy and satisfied, then no matter how good quality products and services it has to offer, the organization would never be able to achieve high sales growth.
Explaining the products and services that the company has to offer to customers, convincing them to buy the same over the other competitive products available in the market, listening to their problems, complaints and queries and providing them satisfactory solutions for the same, all fall under the category of customer support service.
Here are some benefits of customer Support service outsourcing:
- Save Your Money and Resources - This is the biggest, most obvious reason to outsource, but it’s worth repeating.
- Expand beyond Phone Support – More customers prefer chat, email and social media support over phone. You may have a top-notch phone support service, but it means nothing if your customers reach out to you through chat, email or on social media.
- Save the Headache and Cost of Training Support Agents - Outsourcing customer support allows you to hire managers and agents that already have these skills, so you don’t have to go to worry about training them.
- Take Pressure Off Your Staff – If you are still staffing your support function with part-time employees or developers, you are putting them under undue pressure. It’s ok for a developer to provide occasional support but asking them todo it regularly affects their productivity and quality of output.
- Business owners often worry about losing the personalized touch that supposedly comes with an in-house staff. But how personal can this service be when it’s carried out by an overworked staff who has to balance 10 other tasks?
- Scale Up Your Support with Sales - If your business experiences sudden growth, you’ll need to hire and train a lot of agents to meet your new customers’ needs. This will take your focus away from managing and growing the business. If your outsourcing provider will take care of scaling support while you grow your business.
- Provide 24/7/365 availability – Outsourcing customer support is the best option if you want to provide 24/7 support. Customer support outsourcing companies work around the clock as they specialize in this field. They alwayshave agents in place to support your customers. Providing 24/7 support can increase customer loyalty and attract more customers.
Most customer support outsourcing companies have flexible arrangement to scale up or down based on demand. If you hire in-house employees, it can be a big pain for your HR team to manage hiring and laying off employees to match the business cycle. Irrespective of whether your business is a big or small one these outsourcing companies support in meeting your customer support needs that fit best with your budget.
The main benefits of outsourcing customer support service involve cutting cost, having the ability to focus on growing your company, reducing the amount of stress you have, and building a good relationship with your current and future customers.